Flight Instructor Rating
||AVI50516 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor) &
CASA Flight Instructor Rating (FIR)
||12 weeks Full Time | Not available Part Time|
||Domestic AU$26,167 | International AU$N/A | Instalments Available
VET Student Loans available to eligible full time domestic students
||Pending demand: 12 February 2019 | 13 August 2019|
||Gold Coast Airport, Australia|
||Australian CPL, ASIC, Class 1 Medical, Spinning Endorsement|
Summary information for guidance purposes only. Conditions and eligibility criteria apply. Details below.
Air Gold Coast's Flight Instructor Rating course is conducted in accordance with the requirements in CASA Part 61T.
The course commences with an aeronautical knowledge assessment and right hand seat introduction flight (included in tuition fees) followed by the Principles and Methods of Instruction (PMI) and TAE for Aviation module. The PMI program is based on the FAA Flight Instructor Handbook which also prepares candidates for the CASA Flight Instructor exam. The TAE for Aviation covers the Diploma training and assessment requirements and is blended in with the CASA training.
Following the PMI course, candidates will undertake an intensive ten weeks classroom and flying program to develop the skills required to be successful Flight Instructor. Flight training sessions are conducted in a Cessna 172.
Upon successful completion of the course graduates will be issued with a CASA Flight Instructor Rating with a Grade 3 Training Endorsement and AVI50516 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor).
All course outcomes are Australian nationally recognised qualifications registered with and regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
• AVI50516 Diploma of Aviation (Instructor Rating)
• CASA Flight Instructor Rating (FIR)
Course Duration: 12 weeks full time (Part Time not available)
• 12 February 2019 - applications are now closed
• 13 August 2019 - applications are now closed
2020 Course dates will be available soon
Note: Minimum numbers apply. Course dates subject to change.
Phase I: Principles & Methods of Instruction (2 weeks)
Phase II: Flight Training (10 weeks)
• AVI50512 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane) or Australian Commercial Pilots’ Licence (Recognition of Prior Learning will apply)
• Eligible for a Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
• Eligible for an Aviation Security Idenctification Card (ASIC)
• All applicants must complete an interview with the Head of Operations and FIR Course instructor to determine suitability for the course
• Spinning Flight Activity Endorsement
• This course requires an entry Interview conducted by the Air Gold Coast Head of Operations.
Estimated Total Tuition Fee*: AU$26,167
*Fees are subject to change. Training as part of AVI50516 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instruction) is GST exempt. Full details, terms and conditions provided in writing upon successful application.
Self funded domestic students may pay in advance or in 12 equal weekly instalments.
This course is approved for VET Student Loans (VSL). Australian students may apply to use VSL only if they are eligible and undertake the course full time.
For more information, please visit our VSL Page.
Flight Training Inclusions
• Principles and Methods of Instruction and TAE for Aviation Course
• 29.0 Hours Dual Flying
• 7.0 Hours Mutual Flying
• 1.5 Hours Flight Test
• 15 Hours Procedural Trainer
• 50 Hours Dual Briefings
• 50 Hours Readback Briefings
• Landing and Airways Charges
• Course Materials
• CASA PMI Exam Fee
• Enrolment Fee
Our training fees do NOT include the following items which students will need to provide at their own expense:
• ATO Flight Testing Officer Fees ($900 approx)
• Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
• Cost associated with gaining Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
• Cost associated with gaining Spinning Flight Activity Endorsement
Note: Second and subsequent attempts for exams and flight tests, remedial ground and flight training are an additional student expense . They are charged at the relevant course aircraft/ instructor hourly rate.
AVIF4001 Manage human factors in aircraft flight
AVIF0005 Implement aviation fatigue risk management processes
AVIF4007 Implement threat and error management strategies