Multi Engine (Aeroplane) Instrument Rating
||AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating) &
CASA Multi-engine (Aeroplane) Instrument Rating (MEAIR)
||11 weeks Full Time | Part Time Available|
||AU$28,612 (Domestic Student Fee) | Instalments Available
VET Student Loans available to eligible full time domestic students
||2020 Course start dates: 6 January, 17 February, 23 March, 27 April, 1 June, 6 July, 17 August, 28 September, 2 November, 7 December|
||Gold Coast Airport, Australia|
||Australian CPL, 2 hrs minimum night flying|
||International students welcome. (Click here for details >>)|
Summary information for guidance purposes only. Conditions and eligibility criteria apply. Details below.
To qualify for the AVI50516 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating), students are required to have undertaken AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilots Licence-Aeroplane). Students with an Australian CPL can also apply but will requie a Recognition of Prior Learning for competency in imported units. This course is of eleven weeks duration and a minimum of 40 hours instrument flight training in Instrument Meteorological Conditions, day and night covering such things as navigational aid tracking, instrument approach and landing, departure and emergency procedures.
The Gold Coast is ideally placed to provide this type of training with two airports having ILS approaches in the local area. There are also airports with VOR, NDB, and GPS non-precision approaches that are all within a short flight time.
The Command Instrument Rating is available in either a single or multi engine aircraft. This rating allows the holder to conduct flights in Instrument Meteorological Conditions. Full time and part time flexible courses are available.
All course outcomes are Australian nationally recognised qualifications registered with and regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
- AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating)
- CASA Multi Engine (Aeroplane) Instrument Rating (MEAIR)
Course Duration: 11 weeks full time (Part Time also available. Conditions apply.)
Course Intakes: 6 January, 17 February, 23 March, 27 April, 1 June, 6 July, 17 August, 28 September, 2 November, 7 December
Please contact Air Gold Coast for course availability
- Elite I-Gate Simulator
- Beechcraft 76 Duchess
- Non-Directional Beacon (NDB)
- VHF Omni Directional Radio Range (VOR)
- Instrument Landing System (ILS) / Localiser (LLZ)
- Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) or GPS Arrival (DGA)
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Area Navigation (RNAV)
Phase I: Initial Multi Engine
Phase II: Instrument Flying
- AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane) or Australian Commercial Pilots’ Licence (Recognition of prior learning will be required)
- Minimum 2hrs with 1hr solo of night flying
- Eligible for a Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Eligible for an Aviation Security Idenctification Card (ASIC)
Tuition Fees (Domestic Students):
Estimated Total Tuition Fee*: AU$28,612
(Baron option available for an additional fee)
*Fees are subject to change.
Full details, terms and conditions provided in writing upon successful application.
Self funded domestic students may pay in advance for each training phase or as each lesson is completed.
This course is approved for VET Student Loans (VSL).
Australian students may apply to use VSL only if they are eligible and undertake the course full time.
For more information, please visit our VSL Page.
Please visit the International MEAIR Page for details.
Flight Training Inclusions
- Group briefings
- pre-flight and post-flight briefs
- 8.5 dual hours for initial Multi Engine Endorsement
- 21.8 dual instrument flying hours
- 21.0 hours in simulator
- IREX theory course
- IREX exam (first attempt only)
- Air Services and Landing Fees
- Enrolment Fee
Our training fees do NOT include the following items which students will need to provide at their own expense:
- Testing Officer Fees: MEA Flight Test $600
- Testing Officer Fees: Instrument Rating Flight Test $900
- Class 1 Aviation Medical
- Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
Note: As flying is competency based, the hours required depend upon the student’s ability, commitment and flying conditions on the day. The above summary exceeds the minimum hours required by CASA. Air Gold Coast’s flight training syllabus more accurately reflects the required hours to achieve a sound standard.
Second and subsequent attempts for exams and flight tests, remedial ground and flight training are an additional student expense . They are charged at the relevant course aircraft/ instructor hourly rate.