Commercial Pilot Licence
||AVI50219 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane) CRICOS Course Code: 0101182|
||46 training weeks plus 4 weeks holidays|
||AU$92,143 | Instalments Available|
||January | April | July | October|
||Gold Coast Airport, Australia|
||IELTS 6 or higher with no band less than 5.5 or equivalent | Completion of Year 12 or equivalent | No flying experience required|
||International students welcome to apply|
Summary information for guidance purposes only. Conditions and eligibility criteria apply. Details below.
Course Codes: AVI50219 Diploma Of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence-Aeroplane) | CRICOS Course Code: 0101182
The Commercial Pilot Licence Diploma programme provides beginners with a fully integrated course of both theory and practical aviation training. Students who undertake this integrated training course are eligible to apply for a Commercial Pilot Licence with a reduced minimum total of 160 hours flight time (which includes 70 hours general flight time as Pilot In Command, 20 hours of cross country as Pilot In Command and 10 hours of instrument flight time.
Students must be minimum of 18 years of age to hold Commercial Pilot Licence.
All course outcomes are Australian nationally recognised qualifications registered with and regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
- AVI50219 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
Course Duration: 46 weeks Full Time plus 4 weeks holidays
Course delivery: All training is conducted face to face at Air Gold Coast Campus.
12 October 2021 - Apply now
Training Aircraft: Cessna 152, Cessna 172 and Cessna 172RG
Phase 1: Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL)
Phase 2: Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
Phase 3: Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
Enrolment Details - International Students
- 18 years of age
- Completed year 12 or equivalent
- Solid upper intermediate English (minimum Academic IELTS 6.0 with no band score below 5.5)
- Eligible for a Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- Eligible for an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Eligible for an Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
Estimated Tuition Fee: AU$88,000.00*
Tuition Fees include:
• Group, pre-flight and post-flight briefs
• 90 dual flying hours
• 70 solo flying hours
• 6 hours in simulator
• All theory courses – Recreational Pilot Licence,7 Commercial Pilot Licence subjects
• Air services and landing charges
• Civil Aviation Safety Authority exam fees
• Approved Testing Officer flight test fees
• ICAO English Language Proficiency Test
• $500 enrolment fee (included in first payment)
Estimated Non-Tuition Fee: AU$4,143.00*
Non-Tuition Fees Include:
- Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) - $802.00 for 18 months (to be paid in payment 1 unless you wish to organize it yourself).
- Initial Student Pilot material kit (Click here for what is included) - $1584 to be paid in payment 1.
- Class 1 medical – Approx $600.00 (Australian). To be completed before course commencement. You will be required to renew your Class 1 medial during your training which cost approximately $400. This cost is paid directly to your doctor. Please visit www.casa.gov.au to find your nearest approved DAME.
- Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC) - $257.00. This can be applied for once your Student Visa has been approved and you have received your Aviation Reference Number (ARN).
- Updated Materials - $500.00 (approx.). Throughout the course students will be required to purchase new and updated maps and ERSA’s at the Flight Store located next door to Air Gold Coast. This cost is paid directly to Aviation ID Australia. This cost is paid directly to the flight store.
- Headset – to be purchased by the student individually depending on their preference at the Flight Store located next door to the Air Gold Coast School. Headset costs range from $200 to $1400. This cost is paid directly to the flight store. Purchase aviation headset from Flight Store
Estimated Total Course Fee: AU$92,143.00*
*Fees are subject to change. Tuition fees do not include materials, ASIC, Class 1 medical, OSHCand headset. Full details, terms and conditions provided in writing upon successful application. Expenses related to flying within the program are G.S.T exempt.
Second and subsequent attempts for exams and flight tests, remedial ground and flight training are an additional student expense. They are charged at the CPL course aircraft/ instructor hourly rate.
International students may pay in instalments as follows:
Payment 1 - Deposit - $18,000 + OSHC $802+ Initial Student Pilot Kit $1584
Payment 2 – Week 1 - $14,000
Payment 3 – Week 10 - $14,000
Payment 4 – Week 15 - $14,000
Payment 5 – Week 20 - $14,000
Payment 6 – Week 30 - $14,000
Flight Training Included:
- 160 hours total flying hours
- 62.5 hours Dual Cessna
- 47 hours Solo Cessna 172
- 27.5 hours Dual Cessna 172 RG
- 23 hours Solo Cessna 172RG
- 6.0 hours I-Gate Simulator
- 106.0 hours briefings
- Landings and Airways charges
- Ground School (Aviation Theory)
- Basic Aeronautical Knowledge/Recreational Pilot Licence (10 days)
- Commercial Pilot Licence Theory (7 subjects x 5 days each approx.)
The information provided is based on current syllabus and hourly rates which are subject to change. The above included flight training exceeds the minimum hours required by CASA of 150 flying hours . Air Gold Coast’s CPL flight training syllabus of 160 flying hours more accurately reflects the required hours to achieve a sound standard and includes integrated night training (4 hours night experience) within the standard CPL syllabus. This means that it does not become an additional expense after the Commercial Pilot Licence flight test.
AVIE0006 Maintain aircraft radio communications
AVIF0026Implement aviation risk management processes
AVIF0027 Implement aviation fatigue risk management processes
AVIF0029 Implement threat and error management strategies
AVIF0030 Manage safe flight operations
AVIF0033 Manage aircraft passengers and cargo
AVIF0035 Manage human factors in aviation operations
AVIH0010 Plan a flight under visual flight rules
AVIH0014 Navigate aircraft under visual flight rules
AVILIC003 Licence to operate a commercial aeroplane
AVIO0017 Manage disruptive behaviour and unlawful interference with aviation
AVIW0029 Manage pre- and post-flight actions
AVIW0032 Operate and manage aircraft systems
AVIY0033 Operate aircraft using aircraft flight instruments
AVIY0034 Operate in controlled airspace
AVIY0035 Operate in Class G airspace
AVIY0036 Operate at non-towered aerodromes
AVIY0037 Operate at a controlled aerodrome
AVIY0040 Apply aeronautical knowledge to aviation operations
AVIY0041 Apply the principles of civil air law to aviation operations
AVIY0046 Execute advanced aeroplane manoeuvres and procedures
AVIY0047 Manage abnormal aeroplane flight situations
AVIY0054 Control aeroplane on the ground
AVIY0055 Take off aeroplane
AVIY0056 Control aeroplane in normal flight
AVIY0057 Land aeroplane
AVIY0058 Manage aircraft fuel
AVIY0073 Operate aircraft in the traffic pattern at night
AVIZ0006 Manage situational awareness in aircraft flight