Multi Engine Instrument Rating
||AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating) CRICOS Course Code: 089866C
CASA Multi-engine (Aeroplane) Instrument Rating (MEAIR)
||11 weeks Full Time|
||AU$33,380 | Instalments Available|
||January | April | July | October|
||Gold Coast Airport, Australia|
||AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane)|
||Student visa available.|
Summary information for guidance purposes only. Conditions and eligibility criteria apply. Details below.
To qualify for the entry into the AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating), students are required to hold AVI502152 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilots Licence - Aeroplane).
This course is full time delivered over 11 weeks and includes a minimum of 40 hours instrument flight training in Instrument Meteorological Conditions, day and night covering such things as navigational aid tracking, instrument approach and landing, departure and emergency procedures.
The Gold Coast is ideally placed to provide this type of training with two airports having ILS approaches in the local area. There are also airports with VOR, NDB, and GPS non-precision approaches that are all within a short flight time.
The Instrument Rating is offered utilising multi engine aircraft. The rating allows the holder to conduct flights in Instrument Meteorological Conditions.
All course outcomes are Australian nationally recognised qualifications registered with and regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
• AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating)
• CASA Multi Engine (Aeroplane) Instrument Rating (MEAIR)
Course Duration: 11 weeks full time
Course Intakes: January | April | July | October
Course delivery: All courses are conducted face to face at the Air Gold Coast campus
• Elite I-Gate Simulator
• Beechcraft 76 Duchess
• Non-Directional Beacon (NDB)
• VHF Omni Directional Radio Range (VOR)
• Instrument Landing System (ILS) / Localiser (LLZ)
• Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) or GPS Arrival (DGA)
• Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
• Area Navigation (RNAV)
Phase I: Initial Multi Engine
Phase II: Instrument Flying
• 18 years of age (Younger students may enquire.)
• Australian equivalent Senior High School Certificate with strong pass in English and mathematics
• Academic IELTS 6.0 with no band score below 5.5 or equivalent
• AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence - Aeroplane)
• Eligible for a Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
• Eligible for an Aviation Security Idenctification Card (ASIC)
• Must hold a valid visa that permits training (Student Visa Available)
Estimated Total Tuition Fee*: AU$33,380
*Fees are subject to change. Full details, terms and conditions provided in writing upon successful application.
International students may pay in full or in instalments as follows:
• Payment 1 - $16,690 (Deposit on booking)
• Payment 2 - $16,690 (Due week 5)
Flight Training Inclusions
• Group briefings
• pre-flight and post-flight briefs
• 8.5 dual hours for initial Multi Engine Endorsement
• 21.8 dual instrument flying hours
• 21.0 hours in simulator
• IREX theory course
• IREX exam (first attempt only)
• Air Services and Landing Fees
• Enrolment Fee
Our training fees do NOT include the following items which students will need to provide at their own expense:
• Testing Officer Fees: MEA Flight Test $600,
• Testing Officer Fees: Instrument Rating Flight Test $900
• Class 1 Aviation Medical
• Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
Note: As flying is competency based, the hours required depend upon the student’s ability, commitment and flying conditions on the day. The above summary exceeds the minimum hours required by CASA. Air Gold Coast’s flight training syllabus more accurately reflects the required hours to achieve a sound standard.
Second and subsequent attempts for exams and flight tests, remedial ground and flight training are an additional student expense . They are charged at the relevant course aircraft/ instructor hourly rate.